Pages

I'm a dreamer at heart and often I like to fly by the seat of my pants.

I suffer from depression and have for most of my life. I am no longer willing to stay silent about it. My hope is to share with others about this disease so they might understand it a bit better.

"I dare to believe!"

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Froggie went a jumping!

I was reading my friend Becky’s blog the other day about frogs and it reminded me of the demise of one little green tree frog that began a lift time of little green tree frog terminations. Those of you who live in good ole Florida are probably familiar with our small green, cold, slimy feeling tree frogs. They love to climb up the outside of your house and sit under the ease of you roof and sing their non stop green tree frog song. By the way if you are new to Florida I suggest you search far and wide to experience the song of this wild little beast. After you have done that, you might want to remember this little story. Years ago, Jay (my first husband) and I were lying in bed. The sun was beginning to peek up over the trees and gently shine through our bedroom window. Ahh it was a beautiful moment. The windows were open and a slight breeze was ruffling the curtains. Another day set before us, the birds were chirping the bees were buzzing and the tree frogs were singing at the top of their little voices welcoming the new day! As I lay there enjoying the moment, the sound of God’s creatures creating such a beautiful melody, my dear husband also lay there singing his song of the new day. His mouth wide open and the sounds of his snoring echoed through the air. Ah yes, such wonders, such melodic notes filling the air, although I must admit I couldn’t sleep for all the noise. So I decided to close my eyes one more time and try to catch a few more Zzzzzzs. When all of a sudden Jay jumps up out of the bed, spitting and coughing running through the house clad only in his birthday suit with his hand cupped tightly. He threw open the carport door with such urgency there he stood in all his glory with his hand lifted high into the air and then SPLAT! There on the carport floor laid the lifeless body of one little green tree frog. From that moment on until his death bed Jay hunted those little green cold slimy feeling creatures and each one would meet his Creator sooner than expected. You see that little green tree frog jumped right into Jay’s mouth and learned a lesson a very important lesson hard way that I’m sure is echoed throughout the tree frog kingdom to this day, NEVER jump in the mouth of a sleeping human being; it is a very unwelcomed event. I suppose if there were a moral to this story for those of us of the human nature it would be “Look before you leap”, or accept the outcome of which you choose.

1 comment:

  1. Good story Bert...but yuck on the frog in Jay's mouth! Horrors!!! Those green frogs always hide in the corner of my car door on rainy days or when its fixin to rain, and wait to jump inside (almost like the devil plants them there to scare me).

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments... please feel free to share (-: