Pages

I'm a dreamer at heart and often I like to fly by the seat of my pants.

I suffer from depression and have for most of my life. I am no longer willing to stay silent about it. My hope is to share with others about this disease so they might understand it a bit better.

"I dare to believe!"

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day: The Other Side


Mother's Day: The Other Side

For some, days like today Mother’s day (or Father’s day) is a wonderful time of celebrating, remembering the wonderful times of their childhood. Memories they will cherish in their hearts forever. They are thankful for the blessed childhood they had (or have)… For some, their parents are no longer with them and they yearn for just one more hug or “I love you”.  They treasure the times of yesterday.

These children had (have) a mom and/or dad that supported them, cheered them on, and encouraged them.  Their parents never spoke “down” to them, calling them “good for nothing”, “stupid”, “lazy”, “dim-witted” and other demeaning names that I won’t list here because they are too offensive, but you understand my point I’m sure. For these children they are truly blessed.

However there are thousands upon thousands of children who were (are) not blessed in this way.  For some this is not a time of fond memories and happy times,  for some their childhood was (and is) full of fighting, yelling and abuse that came in many forms from neglect to emotional and verbal abuse, to physical and sexual abuse... for these little ones and even as adults they hide their silent tears....
 
Remember YOU are the one(s) who are forming your child’s life…  Children are a gift from God, treasure them, encourage them, and speak kind words to them.  Don’t demean them or abuse them.  Tell them you love them, hug them and lift them up into your arms and protect them.  This is YOUR responsibility as a parent.  

IF you cannot do this, put your children in the care of someone who can do this for you, and for them, be a responsible adult, step back and get help for yourself.

They cry silent tears, they live silent lives, and some will die a silent death never knowing what it’s like to have a happy healthy childhood.

This day I reach out and send love and hugs to those who still suffer in silence… you are not alone.

Report Child Abuse:  1-800-4 A CHILD (1-800-422-4453)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments... please feel free to share (-: